Crystalcrete Admix ( Impermeabilizante por Cristalización )
Crystalcrete Admix is an integral crystallization waterproofing agent whose function is the waterproofing, protection and improvement of concrete through the formation of insoluble crystals within the concrete element. Crystalcrete Admix It is composed of an advanced formula composed of Portland cement, silica sand and a high concentration of inorganic chemicals with waterproofing properties.
These chemicals react with the moisture and free lime in the cement, creating millions of insoluble crystalline fibers that will fill the pores, capillaries and micro-cracks within the concrete. Causing the flow of water and other liquids through concrete to be blocked from any direction, both positive and negative, protecting concrete structures and elements against moisture migration, corrosion of reinforcing steel and chemical attack.
The crystalline fibers reduce the diameter of the pores, blocking the flow of water through the capillary voids. The treated concrete is permanently waterproofed. Under dry conditions the chemicals in the Crystalcrete Admix they are inactive, however, they reactivate when exposed to moisture even years later.
- Any concrete mix that requires waterproofing properties.
- Drinking and waste water treatment plants.
- Water tanks and cisterns.
- Tunnels and underground transport systems.
- Foundations, elevator pits, basements.
- Precast elements.
- Underground vaults.
- Underground containment structures.
- Aquariums, recreational parks and fountains.
- Marine structures.
- Resists hydrostatic pressure.
- It can seal static cracks up to 0.5mm.
- Allow the concrete to breathe.
- It is not toxic.
- Provides high resistance to water soluble chemicals such as sulfates, chlorides and acids.
- Concrete treated with Crystalcrete Admix is permanently waterproofed.
- Reduces shrinkage and cracking.